jeremiah616

jeremiah616

As I watch events being played out across the world stage, particularly what appears to be the increasing marginalization of America and the daily ratcheting up of the outcry against Israel to make even more concessions to those who would destroy Her, I am left with an ever increasing sense that time is short. It is almost as if the "birth pains" are now increasing in intensity by the day.

As the world looks on with dismay and perplexity, we as Believers need to focus our attention more and more on the "author and finisher of our faith," the Word, and the need to take inventory of those things in our lives that may hinder us from "running the race that is set before us."

And as we focus our attention on those things that are above and not on the temporal, may our Yahweh instill in our hearts a sense of urgency to redeem the time, that we may serve Him boldly and that our lives may in every way glorify the King of Glory.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Update From Sderot 2/17/10

Well first of all, I apologize for the delay in getting the first update out. I arrived on Monday afternoon and by Monday evening I was feeling a little sick, just a head cold but enough to make me just want to crawl into bed at the end of the day. But the worse is over and now I really look forward to my time here. It is great to see all the volunteers once again, and I'm glad that I have been able to retain most of the Hebrew I learned last time, and am already expanding my vocabulary.

Not much has changed here, although in regards to the rockets, things are quiet right now. But the anticipation of another war is clearly evident as I can see that the construction of family shelters has quickened. Last time I was here you could see them going up here and there, (I'm not sure how it is decided who gets one next) but now there is much more construction everywhere. And instead of taking months to complete one they are being completed alot quicker too.

One of the volunteers, Yael, had a fall a few weeks back and she is recovering from multiple contusions to her leg, a hairline fracture to her knee, and a slipped disc. I am thankful for the opportunity to help her with her physical therapy exercises each morning while I'm here.

As to the other activities I look forward to while I'm here... tomorrow is food distribution day and I hope to help with some of the home deliveries so I can visit with some of the families I got to know last time. And of course we will be starting preparations for Purim soon. I'll share more about Purim in a upcoming update. I will also have an opportunity to go on a three-hour drive north of here to visit the soldiers from Yuron Company. We have been invited to attend their graduation ceremony at the end of the month.
Leheitraot

No comments:

Post a Comment