jeremiah616

jeremiah616

As I watch events being played out across the world stage, particularly what appears to be the increasing marginalization of America and the daily ratcheting up of the outcry against Israel to make even more concessions to those who would destroy Her, I am left with an ever increasing sense that time is short. It is almost as if the "birth pains" are now increasing in intensity by the day.

As the world looks on with dismay and perplexity, we as Believers need to focus our attention more and more on the "author and finisher of our faith," the Word, and the need to take inventory of those things in our lives that may hinder us from "running the race that is set before us."

And as we focus our attention on those things that are above and not on the temporal, may our Yahweh instill in our hearts a sense of urgency to redeem the time, that we may serve Him boldly and that our lives may in every way glorify the King of Glory.

Thursday, November 15, 2012

"Operation Pillar of Defense" Update


Nearly 18 hours have passed since the initial actions of the IDF in response to the recent days of unrelenting rocket attacks that have reigned down terror on Israeli civilians living in the southern communities.   

 A pinpoint air strike killed Ahmed Jabri, the head of Hamas' military wing, in the Gaza Strip. Jabri was a senior Hamas operative who served in the upper echelon of the Hamas' command and was directly responsible for executing terror attacks against the State of Israel in the past number of years.

The IDF has targeted a significant number of long range rockets sites and storehouses including the underground sites that housed the Iranian Fajr-5 rocket. The Fajr-5 has a range of about 75 km and is most likely what was fired at the Dimona nuclear reactor on Wednesday. These rockets have the capability of hitting Tel Aviv and threatening nearly 3.5 million people. The aim of targeting these sites is to impair the rocket launching capability of the terror organizations in the Gaza strip and damage their further build up.

IDF infantry brigades have been deployed to the Gaza border ahead of a possible ground offensive. Schools and universities with 40 km are closed and Gaza border communities within 7 km are in lock down with residents ordered to remain in their homes. The IDF has dispersed leaflets over several locations in the Gaza Strip. These leaflets warn the residents of the Gaza Strip to stay away from Hamas and other terror organizations' operatives and facilities that pose a risk to their safety.

Earlier today as I scanned the western media sites I was not surprised by the fact that little coverage was found or that what was available focused mainly on the effects of the aerial strikes on the residents of Gaza. There had been very little written in regards to the days of relentless rocket fire into Israel.

As I press into Yahweh my heavenly Father and draw strength and encouragement from His Word I find peace and comfort in the knowledge that HE REIGNS! I was reminded this week of a 2500 year old letter written by Jeremiah the prophet to the children of Israel. The Jewish exiles were taken captive by Nebuchadnezzar and forced to live in Babylon. A false prophet named Hananiah came to them and told them that their time of exile would only last two years. And so Jeremiah wrote a letter to the exiles.

I am sure that you have heard a part of that letter recited many times. I wear a bracelet with the words from Jeremiah 29:11 on it.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares Yahweh, "plans
to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

For me it is a constant reminder that whatever happens, good or bad, it is all filtered through a loving Father. It is one of the most commonly quoted passages in the entire Bible. Unfortunately, this passage is mostly taken out of context and delivered as a "feel good" word that everything is going to be O.K. We often miss the point that the plan that Jeremiah's letter was referring to was exile. The Father's plan for His children was exile.

“This is what the Lord says: "When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will come to you and fulfill my good promise to bring you back to this place. For I know the plans I have for you "

Exile was the plan…

"Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart"  was the goal.

As I think of the events of the past eighteen hours in Israel and that the land and people I love are now at war, I realize that all that Yahweh does in our lives; all that He allows is to one single purpose; to restore us to Himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment